An Integrated Approach That Works
Primary care is critical to the health of populations, and community health centers are at the center of meeting patient needs regardless of their ability to pay. IHP was founded by community health centers focused on market innovation that truly impacted patient communities. Our members recognized that the healthcare market was progressing into value-based models and responded by developing a collaborative, patient-centric model focused on access, quality, and cost.
As a clinically integrated network, IHP is changing the way health care is delivered at the community level by integrating our members’ clinical health care services and practices in a way that allows them to achieve new levels of performance and accountability. The network provides the ability to streamline and simplify the delivery of healthcare services through the following strategies:
- Ensuring access to primary care with a culture of “no wrong door”, which means patients can access all IHP sites regardless of primary care provider attribution.
- Utilizing evidence-based medicine protocols to develop clinical and operational best practices that are put into practice at our primary care sites.
- Using leading technologies to aggregate all payer, provider, and patient data from our member organizations.
- Providing aggregated data to payers and providers, resulting in a more comprehensive view of patient needs and utilization patterns.
- More closely partnering with leading physician groups and hospital systems in Southern California to offer more comprehensive health care options for patients.
- Working with our managed care partners to implement value-based care and payment models that focus on access, quality, and cost.
- Developing network teams targeting care management, population health management, data and analytics, coding and clinical documentation, and much more to directly impact patient care and provider support.
- Engaging in state and federal healthcare reform efforts that support the needs of community health centers and our clinical partners that serve vulnerable communities.
One Voice for All
As part of Health Center Partners, IHP provides a common voice for community-based health centers by building strong relationships with strategic public and private partners focused on improved access and quality for the communities served. These relationships enable IHP members to improve care, increase access to services, increase funding, and improve the delivery of health care through unparalleled network support models, networking opportunities, sharing of resources, superior grant writing capabilities, and more.
Through our advocacy, IHP provides members with a unified voice and the power to pursue their agendas at the local, state, and federal levels. We offer ongoing education and training programs to help our members improve the efficiency of their health care operations, as well as learning communities where members can share best practices, enhance their level of expertise, and set higher standards for health care outcomes in a safe and collaborative environment.
Working together, IHP and our member organizations can:
- Integrate electronic medical record datasets into one unilateral patient record for care planning and communication.
- Increase the overall quality of health care services.
- Improve the patient and provider experience.
- Create a network of resources that produce healthier communities.
- Reduce total health care costs.
- Engage key stakeholders in care planning and management.