Who We Are
IHP is a subsidiary of Health Center Partners (HCP), a nonprofit organization that represents and supports community-based health centers in their efforts to provide quality health care and related services to the diverse communities they serve. A powerful advocate for primary health care service providers and their patients, IHP seeks to improve the quality of health care outcomes by integrating the efforts of our member health centers and driving costs out of the health care system.
Leveraging more than 35 years of experience, expertise, and relationship building developed through HCP, IHP is designed to harness the strengths of its community health center members to:
- Provide value-added resources to health centers progressing into value-based care.
- Develop partnership models with the managed care payer community.
- Improve HEDIS scores through clinical practice transformation and data warehousing and sharing.
- Improve efficiency and performance in all their managed care contracts.
- Integrate data and improve clinical performance across all member community health centers.
- Be a patient advocate for high-quality healthcare services regardless of the patient’s ability to pay.
By providing a common voice and serving as a tireless advocate for community health centers, we help our member organizations build clinical and operational practices focused on evidence-based medicine and best practices to address the needs of their communities. With our support, member organizations are also able to build relationships with strategic public and private partners that result in sustainable health care resources and healthier communities.
What We Do
As a clinically integrated network, IHP engages in many data-supported initiatives to improve health care performance and lower costs. These include:
- Jointly defining the highest standards of quality for community health care.
- Sharing clinical and claims data to aggregate data analysis for payers and members.
- Disseminating best practices to member clinics and their providers and maintaining consistent standards of performance across the network.
- Aligning technology standards for faster processing of in-network referrals.
- Supporting ongoing education and training for the more efficient and effective delivery of health care services.
Why We Do It
Through HCP, Integrated Health Partners serves as a critical safety net for lower income and uninsured Medi-Cal patients, many of whom would otherwise not have access to quality health care. By integrating our members’ clinical services and practices, we help create a stronger safety net by delivering a higher quality of health care services while achieving new levels of performance and accountability. In the process, our members develop stronger relationships with payers (health plans) while improving their ability to perform at optimal efficiency in those managed care contracts.
In their role as safety-net providers for those in need, IHP’s network of health centers has created a system of care that provides quality outcomes comparable to private practitioners, public hospital-based practices, and other large health care systems throughout California.